Thursday, December 3, 2009

Four Ice cream cones

I did the ice cream project we did in training last Friday in my son Andin's Kindergarten class. I decided to start with one that I had practiced! It went SO well! I was amazed at how long we were able to analyze the painting, (Four ice cream cones) the kids all had a lot to say about what flavors they thought the ice cream scoops were ect. We talked about the shapes in the painting, where they thought the cones were, what they would taste like, feel like, why the artist chose ice cream to paint. They thought it was pretty cool that the artist was from Mesa, Az and that he liked to paint cupcakes, pie, and ice cream. After we finished that we made the ice cream cones. I brought a zip lock bag with flour inside and just sprinkled some on top of the squirt of white paint I gave them, they just mixed it in with their Styrofoam piece. I loved watching all the kids come up with their own creation! Some tried to make it like my example, one made 2 cones instead of one, one made a frame around his using the cardboard, some made muffins instead of cones, one blended the brown and white for her ice cream color to be different, some made it drip or puddle at the bottom, and then my favorite the boy that just made a huge mess of brown paint and described it as "A chocolate black hole." Where "if you fall into it, you are just in chocolate!" I thought that sounded like a great place. Pat had suggested letting them all talk about their art when they finished, and that was probably my favorite part. They are each so different, and each artistic in their own way. They were all so interested and it was just very fun! Here is the link to Andin's teacher, Mrs. Cahill's blog where she posted the photos of the paintings! (I forgot my camera!)

Blog photos

No comments:

Post a Comment